There are three types of sleeping positions: stomach, back and side. The most common of the three happens to be side sleeping, which we’ll focus on today.
This sleep position offers many benefits, and scientists say it offers the best night’s sleep. A few benefits received by sleeping on your side include:
- Less Snoring. Side sleepers have an open airway while they sleep, resulting in less snoring. They’re also less affected by conditions like sleep apnea or acid reflux.
- Best for Pregnancy. If you’re pregnant, side sleeping is the best position for you and the baby because it improves circulation and blood flow to the baby.
- Reduced Neck Pain. Because your neck and spine align when you sleep on your side, you’re less likely to create pressure points and kinks.
If you are a side sleeper, there are ways to make your sleep better. First, make sure that you have the right mattress and comfortable bedding. The next thing – and this factor is critical – invest in the best pillow for side sleepers. It will make a world of difference by offering firm support for your neck and shoulders, and keeping you comfortable during the night. There’s nothing better than a superbly firm pillow!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: What Is The Best Shredded Memory Foam Pillow?
We’ve compiled a list of the best pillows for side sleepers to help you narrow down the shopping decision when choosing a pillow!
Keep reading to learn more about the options for the best pillow for side sleepers!
1. TEMPUR Cloud Pillow
The Tempur-Cloud Pillow from Tempur-Pedic is an excellent option for anyone who travels. This pillow easily compresses, allowing users to roll it up and pack it quickly. Once unpacked, it will go back to its original shape – it has amazing fill power!
This lightweight option is also easy to care for and wash. It features a removable outer case that you can throw in the wash to enjoy a fresh pillow always. Moreover, the Tempur memory foam pillow is soft to the touch, similar to the Saatva pillow, and offers all the support for your neck and shoulders you need. It does not contain shredded memory foam, unlike the Layla pillow. If you are looking for the best pillow for side sleepers, consider the Tempur-Cloud pillow – it’s one of the best memory foam pillows!
- Outer pillow Material: 100% polyester knit fabric
- Pillow Fill Material: Special Tempur memory foam
- Size: 24 x 15¾ x 5 inches
- Fit: Queen or Standard case
- Feel: Soft
Who Is This Pillow For?
This pillow is for combination sleepers, side sleepers or those that travel a lot – whether it be for work or pleasure.
Being away from home is hard enough. It is even harder when you don’t have a comfortable pillow for sleeping. Because this pillow is easy to roll up and pack away, it is a top pick for people who are always on the move – or are problematic sleepers!
- Extremely portable and compressible – but retains fill firmness
- Machine washable removable cover
- Soft fabric with added support
- Less expensive than Eli & Elm pillows
If you are a side sleeper who wants a new pillow to travel with, the Tempur Pedic Cloud Pillow is an excellent choice of pillow for side sleepers. It is easy to roll, pack, and store. When you want to wash it after a trip, simply remove the cover and machine wash it. It is at the higher end for pillow prices, but its benefits are worth the investment.
Overall, this is the side sleepers best choice.
Learn more from Tempur Pedic.
2. The Harmony Pillows
This pillow is another side sleepers best choice product and offers many advanced features. One such feature is the Purple Grid Hex technology. The fill of the pillow features hexagon-shaped air channels designed to optimize airflow and keep the pillow cool.
The pillow also stays cool and dry as a result of its moisture-wicking mesh cover. It works to keep you cool, comfortable, and supported all night. At the same time, it helps you align your head and neck.
- Core Material: Ventilated Talalay (a type of latex) and hyper-elastic polymer
- Outer Material: 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex
- Size: Pillow is available in two sizes: Standard and Tall
- Standard Pillow Size: 26 x 17 x 6.5 inches
- Standard Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Tall Pillow Size: 28 x 17 x 7.5 inches
- Tall Pillow Weight: 5.4 lbs.
- Feel: Soft-medium
Who Is This Pillow For?
This shredded latex pillow anyone who gets hot during the night and seeks the pillow’s cold side, the Harmony Pillow is ideal for side sleepers.
All its engineered features work together to promote airflow, prevent moisture, and keep the pillow cool while you sleep. Its carefully layered breathable cover, soft shredded latex core, and Purple Grid Hex ensure comfort and support and good spinal alignment while sleeping.
This pillow is best for side sleepers who need support but don’t want to create additional pressure points.
- The moisture-wicking exterior stays dry while you sleep
- Purple Grid Hex promotes adequate airflow
- Firm shredded latex core
- Offers personalized support that adapts to you for optimal spinal alignment
- The pillow’s loft is not adjustable
Overall, we find that this product is an excellent choice for any side sleeper who wants an alternative pillow for adequate support and optimal spinal alignment. If you have a smaller frame, you’ll probably need the standard size. If you are a side sleeper and have a normal to larger frame, opt for the tall size. It offers more support for your body shape and weight.
Because of its latex core and cooling technologies, the Purple Harmony Pillow is an excellent choice for any hot sleepers out there. You can alternate between the front side and back side for ultimate comfort.
Learn more from Purple.
3. Leesa Hybrid Pillow
The Leesa Hybrid Pillow is one of the unique pillows on the market for side sleepers. It is both adjustable and reversible, with a soft quilted layer, similar to a Saatva pillow, on one side and a cooling gel layer on the other. To change from one layer to the other, all you do is flip it over.
Between the two layers, there is a removable pillow. To adjust your support level, add or remove the insert as needed. With the Leesa Hybrid, you get to choose your comfort experience.
- Outer Material: 400 thread count, 60% Tencel, 40% Frio/Nylon
- Inner Material: Polyester 210 thread count, 90gsm microfiber
- Quilted Side Material: Polyester microfiber
- Gel Side Material: Ventilated gel comfort layer
- Fit: Pillow is available in both Standard and Queen
- Standard Size: 16” X 24”
- Queen Size: 16” x 28”
- Feel: Both sides offer different levels of firmness. The quilted side is softer and plusher, while the gel side is firm.
Who Is This Pillow For?
This pillow is a suitable pick for anyone seeking diversity. You get the best of both worlds with this product. Because of its hybrid design, it offers a softer pillow side and a cooling side (with gel); both of which provide a firm pillow.
If you are a hot sleeper, you’ll like the comfortable, cooling sensation that the gel provides. The fluffy, quilted side offers an instant softness whether you’re sleeping or just resting. This product is the perfect pillow for anyone that may want an alternative.
- Reversible and adjustable loft pillow to match your needs
- Comfortable and cooling materials
- Materials remain firm and help keep its shape
- A high price tag
Overall, we’re fans of the Leesa Hybrid Adjustable Pillow. Although the price is expensive, it is also a fantastic investment. You get a product that serves multiple purposes.
This product is like the swiss army knife of pillows: you may use it four different ways! Take advantage of the down-like quilted side, the cooling gel side, or either of those sides with the insert. If you want a versatile sleeping accessory, give this product a try for the perfect sleep. It’s better than even the best down pillow!
Learn more from Leesa.
4. Eden Pillows
The Eden Pillow from Coop Home Goods is a great choice for side sleepers or back sleepers. The fill material is high-quality shredded memory foam, the Eden shapes to your body providing neutral spine alignment – exactly what all side sleepers need.
Users can add more foam to get a higher loft or remove foam to lower loft according to personal preference. The Eden promotes a cooler sleep, something hot sleepers will love. A perfect choice for side sleepers!
- Fill Material: Mix of Viscoelastic polyurethane and polyester
- Liner Material: Polyester
- Case Material: Polyester and bamboo-derived viscose-rayon
- Size: Pillow made in Standard, Queen, and King sizes
- Standard Size: 20″ x 26″
- Queen Size: 20″ x 30″
- King Size: 20″ X 36″
- Dust mite resistant
- Machine washable
- Feel: Soft
Who Is This Pillow For?
If you prefer a softer but supportive pillow that comes with adjustable loft for the perfect sleeping position, this product is for you.
You choose your support level. Simply insert or remove memory foam as you see fit. The Eden stays cool, as the pillow is made with gel-infusion technology in the memory foam. It helps you stay cool.
If you care about the environment, you will also like this product. The Eden is an eco-friendly choice. The makers of this pillow utilize cruelty-free manufacturing and Lulltra fabric as well as organic cotton. Many people rest more comfortably with a sustainable and non-latex product.
- Adjustable loft: Comes with an extra half-pound bag of loft fill material
- Cruelty-free and made without toxic chemicals
- Breathable case made with gusset for added support
- As you adjust the loft, you must add or take out memory foam
The Eden may be a simple product made with quality materials. But The Eden has a lot to offer.
People find this product perfect for its adjustability. Simply remove or add memory foam to the pillow as you see fit to adjust the loft. As you do, you will create your perfect support level for your head/neck.
We also recommend this product because it keeps the environment and families in mind. It is cruelty-free, takes advantage of eco-friendly fabrics, and is GREENGUARD Gold, and CertiPUR-US certified.
Learn more from Coop Home Goods here.
5. GhostBed Luxury
The Ghost Pillow from Ghostbed acts as a small but powerful sleep accessory for side sleepers. The product’s multiple layers work together to keep you cool and comfortable at night. The softness of the exterior of this pillow feels comfortable on the skin.
The cover wicks moisture away, so you stay dry throughout the night. The pillow will adapt with you as you sleep. As it changes to meet your needs, you receive continual head/neck support.
- Core Material: Aerated gel memory foam
- Gel Layer Material: Patent-pending phase-change gel material
- Inner Material: Aerated mesh
- Outer Material: Ghost Ice Fabric
- Size: 26.62” x 15.75” x 5.51”
- Weight: 2.87 lbs.
- Feel: Firm but airy
Who Is This Pillow For?
This pillow is for side sleepers who sleep hot and want something firm to support their head. You may want a compact foam option, but you still want it to be breathable. That’s where this product may be the solution.
The gel memory foam core and phase-change gel material layer offer the best cooling potential. This phase-change material adjusts to your changing body temperature.
The aerated mesh further promotes airflow. The outer fabric prevents moisture and keeps you dry as you sleep, making it great for anyone that may sweat at night.
- Memory foam has a light and breathable feel
- Plush exterior that feels soft and luxurious
- Machine washable cover
- Comes in only one standard size; may not be suitable for larger-framed side sleepers
This product may be one of the best pillows for side sleepers. If you sleep hot, this pillow offers just the right amount of cooling.
As it cools, it also supports your head well. This combination is every side sleeper’s dream. If you happen to be a combo sleeper, this pillow may be suitable for back and stomach sleepers also.
We also enjoy the little ghost on the cover. Boo!
Learn more from Ghostbed.
6. Carbon Air Pillow
The Carbon Air Pillow from Eight Sleep is an option that many side sleepers find to be super comfortable.One of its most prominent features is a carbon-infused foam core.
The supportive foam core has infused graphite, which means the pillow provides cooling properties. This pillow also has a unique TENCEL cover and perforated design for increased airflow and breathability.
- Core Material: Graphite-infused aerated memory foam
- Outer Material: TENCEL mesh
- Size: 16” x 29“ x 6 inches
- Perforated design
- Feel: Firm but light
Who Is This Pillow For?
Need a cooling pillow that you know works? This graphite-infused foam pillow may be calling your name.
If you like foam pillows, especially those with considerable fluff, you will not want to let this product go – ever.
Breathable and airy, this product feels cool and light whenever you use it. It’s like a cloud. This well-sized product offers great head support when you need it most.
- Cover is machine-washable
- The design promotes optimal airflow for hot sleepers
- Also works for back and combo sleepers
- Cheaper than a copper infused Layla pillow
- 5-year warranty from Eight Sleep
- High price tag
Although the price of the Air Carbon Pillow is expensive, it will last. It consists of high-quality materials, after all.
This product keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night. Its loft ensures that you feel supported and aligned. Never wake up with kinks and pain again. The soft, breathable cover is machine-washable, making it easy to clean. It’s worth the investment!
Learn more from EightSleep.
7. Technogel Anatomic Ergonomic Sleeping Pillow
The Technogel Anatomic Pillow has a bold design. But that’s what we love about it. The pillow offers two different heights. These heights accommodate sleepers of different sizes. With its ergonomic design, the pillow will align your spine while supporting your head and neck.
This pillow consists of medical-grade materials, which points towards its quality. This pillow cools down hot sleepers. If you struggle with allergies, the pillow also prevents the build-up of allergens.
- Fill Material: Memory foam
- Gel Layer: Oeko-Tex certified medical-grade gel
- Outer Material: Cotton cover
- Size: Pillow available in both Standard and Queen
Who Is This Pillow For?
This is an ideal pillow for side sleepers or anyone that struggles with neck and back pain. Its anatomic design relieves pressure points and aligns your spine as you sleep.
Side sleepers and hot sleepers will also appreciate this pillow for its advanced cooling technology. As the gel squares pull heat away from your head area, they also channel it throughout the pillow and away through air holes.
If you are continually battling severe allergies, this pillow will help. The gel is odorless, and the pillow is hypoallergenic. No more sneezy mornings!
- Advanced cooling technology made with medical-grade gel
- The anatomic design offers two useful heights in one pillow
- Odorless to minimize allergies
- The pillow has a high price tag
This side sleeper pillow is by a company that specializes in medical equipment and accessories. The brand profile is how you know you’re getting your money’s worth with this unique pillow for side sleepers.
If you are a hot sleeper who needs a memory foam pillow with an anatomic design, try the Technogel Anatomic model. Its unique design allows any side sleeper to align their body as they sleep.
If you are tired of neck, back, and shoulder pain, try this side sleeper pillow. Before you know it, you will wake up feeling like yourself again!
Learn more from Technogel.
Are you a side sleeper in search of a great side sleeper pillow? Any of the above pillows will do! Just click on the links on this page. These are the best side sleeper pillow choices.
RELATED: The Best Sleep Book (Buying Guide)
Whether you’re struggling with head and neck pain, restlessness, or overheating, the right pillow will alleviate your issues – and allow you to maintain neutral spine alignment at the same time. All you need to do is find the right one.
RELATED: The Best Ghost Pillow (Buying Guide)
When it comes to finding the right pillow side sleepers need, we are here to help. We know that you don’t have the time or resources to be able to find and try out every one of these pillows to get the best pillow. That’s what this guide is here to do. We’ve already checked out all these pillows!
To learn more about these pillows, follow the links above for each one. If you’re a side sleeper, we hope one of these best pillows for side sleepers will become your next best sleep accessory. And you can finally lay your head down for a great night’s sleep!
RELATED: How To Sleep On Your Side?